Candidates must be enrolled in university in Mexico, Canada or the United States and have interest or connections to, the Mexico region. They must be fully bilingual (English/Spanish), self-motivated, hard-working and possess a passion for investing in promising early-stage, for-profit, socially-responsible agricultural companies that will ultimately benefit Central Mexico. The fellowship also awards a $10,000 stipend to each selected fellow.
- March 1st – April 30th – Application Period Open
- April 15 – May 15 – Internal Review Process
- June 2017 – Winners Selected
- August 2017 – Program Commences
The purpose of the Kirchner Food Fellowship program is to foster the development of individuals who have the practical skills and knowledge to make effective investments in emerging agricultural technologies that have the possibility of addressing global food security.
Fellows will be selected using the following process:
- A Fellowship may be held by a current undergraduate or graduate student currently enrolled at any university in Mexico, Canada or the United States
- Ideal candidates will exhibit personal initiative, integrity, drive, and team-player potential, as well as strong academic credentials and an entrepreneurial spirit. They will be expected to articulate these characteristics in the application process
- The application process will comprise assessment in the following ways
- Completion of an application form
- Submission of university transcripts
- Telephone interviews with members of the Selection Committee
- Qualifications of the candidates for the Fellowship and the strength of the application will be reviewed by a Selection Committee established for the process
The principal part of the Kirchner Food Fellowship will be undertaken over an academic year but Fellows will be expected to have a continuing commitment and interest in the investment portfolio, to their cohort of Fellows and to subsequent cohorts of Fellows.